Monday, April 9, 2012

Enjoy Life Foods - Plentils Review @ ELFCeo


I am a pretty big fan of the Enjoy Life Foods brand for many reasons!  They work very hard to produce high quality, yummy tasting food that is free of the top 8 allergens, plus a few more!  I have written two other reviews regarding products from this company; to read those reviews click here and here. Enjoy Life Foods was kind enough to provide with me these four sample bags; the opinions below are mine.


photo rights www.enjoylife.com


This time around I was SUPER excited about trying their NEW Plentils!  Just look at how cute they came! Just love opening boxes, but this one was packed with some fun packing paper! :)  Its the little things that brighten my day! :)

 Here are the Dill and Sour Cream Plentils.  My family gave mixed reviews on this one.  I liked them.  The more I ate the more addicted I became!  My husband liked them, my oldest boy did not (picky preschooler) and my little guy liked them!  The Enjoy Life Foods website lists the ingredients as: Lentil Powder, Potato Starch, Safflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Salt, Dextrose, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Distilled Vinegar, Dehydrated Parsley, Spice, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Oil, Turmeric
 Dill and Sour Cream

The next Plentil we tried was the Margherita Pizza flavor.  WOWeee! I loved this one!  The entire family loved this one!  The taste was amazing.  It kept us coming back for more!  This will definitely be a chip that we stock in our pantry!  I loved how the chips didn't leave an aftertaste! Nobody likes to taste their chips a couple hours after they have eaten them! Such a powerful yummy flavor!  The Enjoy Life Foods website lists the ingredients as: Lentil Powder, Potato Starch, Safflower Oil, Salt, Maltodextrin, Tomato Powder, Rice Flour, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Yeast Extract, Spices, Dehydrated Parsley, Lactic Acid, Sunflower Oil, Turmeric
 Margherita

We also tried the Light Sea Salt Plentils.  They had a nice crunch.  It was a subtle flavor and would pair nicely with a sandwich or a quick snack in the afternoon!  Definately very light feeling when eating.  Love it! This was a hit with the entire family! The Enjoy Life Foods website lists the ingredients as: Lentil Powder, Potato Starch, Safflower Oil, Salt, Turmeric
 Light Sea Salt

The last flavor of Plentils we tried was the Garlic and Parmesan.  It was tasty.  It was similar to the Dill and Sour Cream.  The more you ate the more the flavor came out and left you wanting for more! The family reviews on this one were similar to the Dill and Sour Cream Plentil.  I loved it along with my little guy, my husband liked it and my preschooler didn't care for it. The Enjoy Life Foods website lists the ingredients as: Lentil Powder, Potato Starch, Safflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Salt, Rice Powder, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Dehydrated Parsley, Garlic Powder, Spices, Yeast Extract, Lactic Acid, Sunflower Oil, Turmeric
Garlic and Parmesan
When I heard about these I could wait to try them!  I was in need of a healthy chip that was free of allergens and full of taste!  I feel like I found that.  We will definitely be buying some of these guys!  Especially the pizza flavor!  YUM YUM! Give them a try!  Let me know what you think!

 Thank you, Enjoy Life, for letting me try your new Plentils!

To find where you can buy these products check out enjoylifefoods.com