Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chickpea Sandwich Spread

 I very much adore the twopeasandtheirpod.com site!  I have found so many recipes that fit my family's needs! If you haven't visited their site, please check them out!

For lunch on Monday I recreated their Smashed Chickpea and Avocado recipe! Its actually listed as one of their most popular posts :) After having it...I can see why!  It was so good!  It was so good in fact that I sent a text about it to my friend!  Yes, how silly is that, that I sent a text about how good much lunch was...but she understood :)  To see the recipe in original form, please visit here.


Here is how I made the recipe:

2 pieces of gluten free bread
handful of organic spinach
1 cup of fresh chickpeas or 1 can
1 ripe organic avocado
1 handful of cilantro
squirt of lemon juice
salt and pepper to season

1. Mash the chickpeas and avocado together.
2. Add in cilantro and lemon juice.
3.Then season with salt and pepper!
4. Serve on your favorite bread with your favorite toppings.

Two Peas in Their Pod, indicated that it tastes great as a dip with crackers...and it DID :)  YUM!  It also tasted just as good the next day, though discolored from the avocado.  I sure didn't mind!