Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gluten Free Review: GF Harvest @glutenfreeoats


Recently, I was lucky enough to receive a free sample of the certified gluten free old fashioned rolled oats from GF Harvest!  Though the sample was given to me, the opinions in my review are solely my own.

First, let me tell you a little bit about the company.  The company is amazing at the length it goes to, to make sure that their customers are safe! I appreciate that this is also NUT free! I wanted to pass some information regarding their planting and harvesting procedures.  This information comes directly from their website:
We maintain our own certified planting seed, and personally contracted with "Seedsmen" who have not grown any wheat, rye or barley on their land for the last 2 years and who use their combines for only Gluten Free Oats, LLC or non gluten crops. Each field is completely walked at least three times to make sure that no volunteer glutinous products are growing in the field.

The fields and all harvesting equipment is inspected by Gluten Free
Oats® us and the Wyoming Seed Certification Service to assure they are free of the offending grains. Before any of the oats can be unloaded it must pass 3 tests (#1 White board Magnifying Glass Visual, #2 RidaQuick test down to 5 ppm, and #3 the Elisa R5 RidaScreen test down to 3 ppm). In addition to our own laboratory testing we also send samples to the University of Nebraska's Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (www.farrp.org) to be tested for gluten to assure the oats are gluten-free.

Our oats are stored, harvested and transported by equipment owned by Gluten Free Oats, LLC or inspect to make sure that they are certified clean. Our oats are cleaned, rolled and packaged in a facility that is certified GF and OU Kosher.


Truly this is amazing!  When you can find a company that goes to this length to make sure you won't be glutenized, you have a VERY special company! You can learn more about their inspection process by clicking, here.
photorights www.glutenfreeoats.com

I was able to review and safely share with my family, their Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats!  The picture above is from their website and shows the nice resealable bag it comes in!  The bag stacked well in my pantry.  It resealed well and was very durable!  


Here is a picture of my oats cooking up to make some yummy oatmeal!


Here is the finished product before I added some extras!


Here is the final product after I added in some homemade strawberry jam.  Yum!  The oats cooked up nicely and in a great time frame.  They did not become mushy and had great flavor!  My entire family was on board with this oatmeal!  I love that I can feel safe giving my family these oats!

To learn more about GF Harvest, visit their website, here.  To order products, please visit their product ordering page, here.  If you would like to see if you can purchase these products locally, click here. Currently, my whole foods does not stock this item, however I printed the "product request" form and will be giving it to customer service on my next trip!