Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday (1/23/12)




This week for Breakfast:
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten Free Pantry) with enjoy life chocolate chips
Gluten Free Waffles with scrambled eggs (Better Batter)
Lazy Granola and Yogurt (coconut and milk based yogurt)
Gluten Free Pancakes with scrambled eggs (Better Batter)
** Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins _YYYYUUUUMMMOO
For the pancakes and waffles I try to make a double batch and freeze them so I can cut my breakfast making time down! I try to do a breakfast with eggs on 'school' days so that preschool Veg has some extra energy!

For lunches, we are continuing our "homemade lunchables". The kids lunchables will be filled with homemade applesauce, lots of fresh fruit, gluten free/allergen free snack items, , gluten free crackers with sunbutter (new soy allergy) and also gluten free sunbutter sammys!

For dinners:

We made 6 layer dip (Vegan) for a snack then we will use the left overs for Taco Night.  The layer dip makes perfect insides for the tacos!
Sweet Vegetarian Chili and Cornbread Muffins (freezer cooking)
Pizza Night
Leftover buffet

This week is pretty simple, Papa Veg has some work things going so dinner will be hit or miss for him.  When its a miss, the boys and I go super simple!!

This week I tried moneysavingmom.com's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.  They are awesome!  The recipe made 2 dozen so I am freezing some.  However, I am quite sure that if I left them out they would not stand a chance!  They would be eaten very quickly!  Just trying to make them stretch and be appreciated LOL

Check out http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for more menu planning ideas!