These little guys were a hit and froze well! You can make them dairy free as well by using vegan parm cheese and soy milk!
So see the recipe in its original format, click here.
1 Cup Cornmeal
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Tsp Dried Italian Herbs
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
Additional oil for cooking
Accompaniments: marinara or tomato sauce
1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil.
3. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet and allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
4. After resting, pour 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Place 1 tbsp of the cornmeal batter in the skillet (making as many corncakes as possible) and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
6. Continue to make the rest of the cakes.
7. Serve with marinara sauce on the side for dipping.