Monday, October 24, 2011

Homemade Lunchables


So on my new favorite blog:  www.extraordinaryordinarylife.blogspot.com I learned about homemade lunchables!  When I saw this I thought that this could be the answer to a struggle I was having at lunch time!  You see on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I bring home preschool Veg from his brick and mortar preschool, both he and Toddler Veg are HUNGRY!  And quite frankly its hard to get lunch out in a timely fashion, etc etc etc  So I read all about Gretchen's experience HERE.  After seeing and reading about the idea I was hooked!  I had to try it!   These ziploc containers run anywhere from $2.30-$3.  You should be able to find a $1/3 coupon.  Gretchen mentioned using ones with dividers and they have worked great!  I was making just two at a time to test the system but this week I did three days worth.  I also made individual salads in containers for me for the week.  So this is our big week!  Gretchen had great luck with her bread and crackers not getting soggy!  I can't wait to see how it goes! :)  Yay for time saving!