Thanks to Walgreens for sponsoring my writing. Help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote.
Giving back is very important in our lives! I try to make a valiant effort in the lives of my little guys to teach them how fortunate we are and teach them how to give back! Here are a few of the ways that my family gives back and yours can too...
Here is a picture of our most recent food bank donation...some free pasta we scored at Kroger!
- When you are shopping or couponing pick up some extra "cheap" or "free" items and donate them to a local food bank or shelter. We discovered that our local food bank also excepts personal products as well as clothes.
- When you back to school shop, pick up an extra set of supplies and donate to your child's school. It is important for each child to have a back pack and supplies! Its amazing how a little extra self-confidence can provide for better learning!
- If you don't have money to spend consider donating your time! This is not something that we have done yet, but I do plan on having the boys volunteer at our friends farm to help "pay" for all the organic eggs and honey we get there! I also want to explore donating our time at a pet shelter. I think its important for the boys to see that animals do take a lot of care and they need alot of love as well.
- We have some family friends who are able to make monetary donations each month. They work with their kids to select a different charity each month.
- Many of our friends ask that you bring items for the food pantry or bring items to donate to a shelter in lieu of birthday presents. The message this sends to the birthday child and their friends is very powerful!
- If you attend a church offer to work in the daycare or offer to bring a healthy snack for the children.