Friday, May 20, 2011

Teriyaki Wraps

This is a fun recipe that is quick and simple.





Ingredients:


  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1-2 bell peppers, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 yellow squash, chopped
  • 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 2 T soy sauce
  • tortillas
Steps:


  1. Cook rice. Use a rice cooker or follow directions on box/bag.
  2. Saute onion, squash, zucchini and peppers.
  3. Stir in teriyaki sauce and cook until veggies are tender.
  4. Stir in cooked riced, soy sauce and simmer 3-5 minutes.
  5. Wrap in flat bread or tortillas.


Serves 4, 515 calories

This is a fun and easy recipe that I decided to make again when I was given the opportunity to try  some Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White instant rice as part of the Tastemakers program with Foodbuzz.com.  I love to eat this dish as the weather starts to warm and my toddlers love it too!    Back to the rice... :)  I was really impressed with the rice and have already purchased more for future uses!