Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gluten Free Review: Erewhon Cereal

The wonderful folks at Attune Foods recently sent me some cereal samples to try out!  I was also lucky enough to meet them at the Nourished Conference and GlutenFree AllergenFree Expo that I attended last week.  These folks are amazing!  Extremely kind, compassionate and dedicated to making great food!

Let me tell you a little bit about the company first!  I pulled this from the company's website:
What matters most is what’s inside

What’s inside the box:
Simple, pure ingredients that help you feel your best every day.

What’s inside you:
Something different in each of us – something worth celebrating.

What’s inside our company:
A team dedicated to improving the way we eat at home, in our local community,
in our nation and someday worldwide.


After tasting their food and meeting their folks, this statement couldn't be more true!  They also have a great website that is packed with information.  They have a great section on Food and Well-being.  Click here for a direct link to that! There is a wealth of useful information there!


Let me tell you that I am really not a big cereal fan, until now!  I kid you not.  I just haven't liked cereal much. I haven't been able to find something that tastes good and is good for you. I am extremely excited about this cereal!  My entire family can safely eat it!

The first cereal that we tried was the  Gluten Free Crispy Brown Rice cereal.  WOW, YUM!


My kiddos LOVED this cereal and it was quickly dubbed "brown crispies!"  Both boys took to the cereal like it was candy! (allergen free, gluten free sugar free candy, of course :) )   They love to try new things and they have enjoyed this cereal many mornings.  We are actually on our second box already!  I picked some up at our local Whole Foods!


Family rating:
Veg Mamma  LOVE IT!
Papa Veg LOVE IT!
Preschool Veg LOVE IT!
Toddler Veg LOVE IT!

Next, we tried the corn flakes!


Again, all members of the family really took to this cereal.  We are excited to have a tasty cereal that is safe. We are excited to eat it for breakfast and also use it as topping on casseroles.  We have been missing that extra crunch on our casseroles.  So happy to find a product that is safe for the entire family that I can use again for my casseroles!

 Family rating:
Veg Mamma  LOVE IT!
Papa Veg LOVE IT!
Preschool Veg LOVE IT!
Toddler Veg LOVE IT!

The last cereal that the Veg Parents tried was the Uncle Sam cereal.  This cereal was not gluten free so the boys did not partake in it.


This was a very tasty cereal as well, but we loved the first two much more!


Family rating:
Veg Mamma  Like it!
Papa Veg  Like it!
Preschool Veg  N/A
Toddler Veg  N/A

Please be sure to connect with them on facebook by clicking, here.  You can connect with them on Twitter by clicking, here.  You can learn more about Attune Foods and all their other products by visiting their website: http://www.attunefoods.com/

Thank you Attune Foods for the opportunity to try your products and it was GREAT to meet you in person! :)