Monday, March 5, 2012

Busy Bag: Straw Put in




Each week this year I am going to make a new activity for Toddler Veg and/or Preschool Veg.  Then I will share that easy activity with you!

I created a simple straw put in for Toddler Veg.  I took a clean empty container with a lid.  (yay for recycling containers) I cut a hole in the center of the lid.  I was very careful to make sure that the lid did not have any sharp edges, where I had cut.  If you end up with sharp edges you can use tape to cover and smooth the sharpness.  Then I took some colorful straws and cut them into 1 inch pieces (approximately).


Toddler Veg loved this and it was great for working on his fine motor skills.  Preschool Veg also did this with his brother, though it was way beyond his fine motor needs.  I think he just wanted to be involved. LOL :)

If you are making this for a busy bag swap, you need:
a plastic container with a hole cut in the lid (make sure its smooth)
3-4 plastic straws cut into 1 inch pieces
(for each participant)