Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Okay, these little puppies are really good!  I love chocolate and I love pumpkin!  Put them together in an easy to make muffin recipe and you have perfection!  I found this recipe on Moneysavingmom.com Please visit her site; you will fall in love with it!  I did adapt her recipe by using dairy free butter and gluten free flour.  I used Better Batter for the flour; I would highly recommend that as well!  My recipe did contain eggs, that was the only allergen.  So for us that means no soy, dairy, peanuts, gluten or tree nuts.  Remember that this recipe originally had regular flour and butter.  So we know it tastes good both ways!  I really like that the recipe makes 2 dozen!  Makes for some easy freezing cooking!! To see the recipe in original format, please click HERE.

Here is my adapted recipe:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (16 oz.) can pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cups oil
3 cups flour (we used Gluten free Better Batter)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips (we used Enjoy life, allergen free)

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 16-20 minutes at 400 degrees. (Mine were actually done at 14 minutes)
Makes 24-30 muffins.