Friday, November 18, 2011

Taco Corn Fritters and Green Giant Veggies


I was given the opportunity to sample any Green Giant Valley Farm Steamer product through the tastemaker program at foodbuzz.com!  I thank both Green Giant and Foodbuzz for the free sample!

I choose corn as my steamer because we were going to make Corn Fritters!  The corn was great and easy to make! What I appreciate most is that it was "corn", there wasn't any added craziness in the package as well! :)  Just good ole' corn!    Also, the steamers are afforable!  They were on sale this week for $1 each at Meijer!  Can't beat that price!

Did you know....Although new dietary guidelines suggest that Americans fill half of each meal with fruits and vegetables, many people find it difficult to always make the healthy choice. And that's where Green Giant wants you to join the conversation, reminding your readers of the inherent goodness of vegetables and the importance of making them a regular part of our daily diets.


I choose corn fritters because my kids like anything in pancake form and I could sneak in some veggies! :)  To see the recipe in its original form, click here.



Taco Seasoning (check to make sure its GF, many times there are hidden ingredients in there)

2 cups cornmeal

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

2 eggs

3/4 cup milk

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 cups frozen or canned corn (I used my steamer from Green Giant)

oil for frying
Mix together  ingredients, stirring in a dash or two of taco seasoning. Heat oil in a skillet. Scoop 1-2 Tablespoons of corn mixure into the hot oil and press down to form a “pattie”. Fry for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. (I had my electric skillet set to 350°.)